Friday, February 18, 2011

Little Pieces

And so...
The high lights and low lights of February's contribution to the painting: Wonderful birthday full of laughs and yummy treats and Anthropologie.  And, a virus for Valentine's Day that attacked both me and my honey and knocked us out.  He was worse off than me, for sure.  Which serves him right for giving it to me in the first place!  What was he thinking?!  
;) wink

Maybe I will regain the energy to write a longer entry tomorrow.  For now, I will just share my delirious scribbles that landed on my bedside paper.  

I called it Little Pieces because I don't have the brain energy to be more clever than that.

Little pieces may fall
Upon me when I see the sky
Why fall freely in the twist of fate
And turn of time
I may come to you
I may stay behind
Either or is which way
I claim to be mine
Come see the pieces
Come see them fall
I collect and mash them up
And I throw them against the wall
Break and shatter, let me see
The pieces rise to fall
It seems that this is my destiny
My rhythm and rhyme of a dead end song 


Believe me, I'm not rolling out of bed in despair.  I'm not boo-hooing in the sack.  It's just what came out this time.  I'm actually quite cheerful, although full of fatigue, and am looking forward to a night full of sweet dreams complete with fluffy white sheep and twinkling stars that grant all of my wishes true.  
No.
You aren't ever supposed to outgrow those dreams. (I know that's what you were thinking.)
Night. Night. 

No comments: