Friday, February 4, 2011

Another Mix Fffor You

I either dreamed sitting up in bed, looking at my phone and saying Fffriday, Fffebruary Fffourth, hmm?  Or I did that and fffreaked Nick out.  I'm sure the expression on my face was one of "What does it all mean?"  Things are different in la la land.  They seem more important and more dramatic.  Poor Nick. He married a weirdo.

Another Music Mix.  Check it out.   

1. Supermassive Black HoleMuse- Black Holes and Revelations
Black patent stiletto boots, check.  Mini skirt, check.  Whip... umm, don't have that on file.  I will just bitch-slap the first person I see and that will have to do.  Hopefully they will see my earbuds and realize I'm just in character.  Frisky little tune, this one. 
2. No You Girls Franz Ferdinand- Tonight: Franz Ferdinand
This song makes me think of guys wearing skinny jeans, but that can be looked over due to it being super fly, yo!  This one is a get-ready song.  Get dressed, get your hair did, put on your red lipstick, throw a scarf 'round yo neck... prance out the door.
3. Who Is It (7" Edit), Michael JacksonKing Of Pop
Awesome.  I love the snapping/spoons beat going on here.  And it features the tremendous "Hee, hee" in that high-pitched-only-Michael-Jackson-can-do-this fashion. 
4. Feelin' LovePaula Cole- This Fire
Watch out... don't make out with yourself!  
5. Everybody Here Wants You Jeff BuckleySketches for My Sweetheart The Drunk
"Why did you die?" Ugh.  That's what I think lots of times when admiring his talent.  I wish this guy had lived on for a long, long time.  This song is evidently about a super hott (don't forget the second 't') lady.  I can't tell, are they together or not?  I have different versions of his p.o.v. one day to the next.  Most times I believe he sings to a stranger he has locked eyes with across a room.   
I am posting lyrics... check this out.  Awesome. Even better when you hear his voice and the music.
Twenty-nine pearls in your kiss, a singing smile,
Coffee smell and lilac skin, your flame in me.
Twenty-nine pearls in your kiss, a singing smile,
Coffee smell and lilac skin, your flame in me.
I'm only here for this moment.

I know everybody here wants you.
I know everybody here thinks he needs you.
I'll be waiting right here just to show you
How our love will blow it all away.

Such a thing of wonder in this crowd,
I'm a stranger in this town, you're free with me.
And our eyes locked in downcast love, I sit here proud,
Even now you're undressed in your dreams with me.
I'm only here for this moment.

I know everybody here wants you.
I know everybody here thinks he needs you.
I'll be waiting right here just to show you
How our love will blow it all away.

I know the tears we cried have dried on yesterday
The sea of fools has parted for us
There's nothing in our way, my love

Don't you see, don't you see?
You're just the torch to put the flame
to all our guilt and shame,
And I'll rise like an ember in your name.
I know, I know,

I know everybody here wants you.
I know everybody here thinks he needs you.
I'll be waiting right here just to show you
Let me show that love can rise, rise just like
embers.

(While "I know everybody here wants you." Repeats)
Love can taste like the wine of the ages, baby.
And I know they all look so good from a distance,
But I tell you I'm the one.
I know everybody here will thinks he needs you,
thinks he needs you
And I'll be waiting right here just to show you.

6. Dream Brother (Nag Champa Mix), Jeff Buckley- Grace (Legacy Edition) 
J.B. Repeat.  Burn the Nag Champa. (I always do anyway.)  I even bring my weaved basket out that looks exactly like a Cobra basket sans poisonous fanged reptile. 
Kidding, not really, but it just occurred to me that props could be fun. 
7. Sister Contine, Rusted Root- 20th Century Masters, The Millennium Collection: The Best of Rusted Root (Remastered)
This song and Blue Diamonds have been at the top of our Most Played rankings on our itunes for years & years & years.  That sums it up.
8. Closer [Presets Remix], Kings of Leon-  Come Around Sundown [Deluxe Version]
You will be cool by default as this song plays. I'm into remixes such as this one. There have been a few listed.
9. They Don't Care About UsMichael Jackson- King Of Pop
Probably true.  
10. I Turn My Camera On, Spoon
The funny thing is, I was playing these songs as I was writing this entry.  I stopped to get my camera to take a shot of China upside down in her basket, belly up, looking precious.  So, I did in fact turn my camera ON when they said "I turn my camera on."  Ha!  
11. You'll Find a Way (Switch and Sinden Remix), Santigold- Santigold
Apres Diem in Atlanta.  Green tea and broccoli soup with my friend Arin.  This song comes on.  We stop mid conversation.  Ask the waitress, "What is this playing?"  We leave, go look for the cd at Borders off Ponce, give money to a homeless lad, and then carry on with our evening.  It is that powerful of a song.
12. Paper Planes, M.I.A.- Kala  She was born in London to a Sri Lankan political activist family.  She moved back there with them when very young.  She saw a lot and says a lot of interesting things.  There is much more to her than the music.  I don't know everything about her, but she seems legit from her own experiences.
13. Exo-Politics, Muse- Black Holes and Revelations
Another great Muse tune.  Kinda spooky. 
14. Misery, Maroon 5Hands All Over
Oh yeh.
15. Crept And We Came, Bone Thugs-N-HarmonyE. 1999 Eternal
Ha!! Didn't see that one coming did you?  (Takes you back, doesn't it?)
I bet you can't even see their mouths moving.
16. Russian RouletteRihanna- Rated R
I think I cried in my car the first time I heard this song. Cheesy. I know. But, I did. I was like "Oh, no, Rihanna!" I really love a lot of her songs.
17. Hey Mama, Black Eyed Peas- Elephunk
If you remember the video it makes it better.  They have a few examples of the aforementioned "ass-only" dance from yesterday's post. And one girl does that with inverted arms... go figure!  This group seems to never make a wrong turn.  My friend Arin took me to their opening concert in Atlanta before I moved to Edenton.  It was awesome.  Fergie is incredible.  And the name will.i.am... the best one out there.
18. Any Other Day, Wyclef Jean- Carnival, Vol. II: Memoirs of an Immigrant
Norah Jones is beautiful, no?  She is superb.  This song, I'm sure you know, but it is a must-have in your music library.
19. Video (Main), India.ArieAcoustic Soul
We all need to hear this.  She says it the best I've heard it said.
20. Canned Heat, Jamiroquai- High Times - Singles 1992-2006
Nick loves Jamiroquai.  I need to get him a disco ball and roller skates for this song.  Supposedly, he can speed skate.  Don't tell him I told you. ;)  This boogie is for real!

No comments: