Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Luxury-ess: Day In, Day Out.

I dare say, "Do what you want to do."

Luxury, to me, means just that.  I spent some time thinking a couple of years back about exactly what it is that I want to do in life.  (on a day-to-day basis)  My answer to myself was: I want to wake up in the morning and ask myself with my head still on the pillow (no jumping up to start the ant race with frantic energy) "What do you want to do today?" and BE ABLE TO DO EXACTLY THAT!  That is the most thrilling thought to me.  What an absolute luxury.

Like today, I went to a yoga class. Great.  
I went to a yoga class with a couple of my friends that I just treasure.  Even better than great.  
I drove past my favorite view in Edenton.  Aah.
I came home, feeling relaxed and healthy, to three fuzzy pups that greeted me with pure enthusiasm and I poured deliciousness into my pretty mug.  Segafredo.  Ground luxury.  Mmmm.
Now, comes the best part.  I am writing.  I am doing exactly what I want to do. 

Some of my friends suggest to me that I write more about writing.  I have thought about that before, but the idea that it would be interesting to others is new.  I may do that.  For now though, I am going to spend my day seriously moving forward with my project.  I am aware that sitting on a product for three years is a bit much.  

I am about to make my writing task completely luxurious and have my desk adorned with a silver cup of sharpened, brand new pencils; grab a customized blank notepad; use a handmade coaster courtesy of moi to rest my pretty mug; supply a stack of useful, smart books; and play music that stirs creativity in the mind.  I may go put on a stylish pair of shoes so that my scarf doesn't feel like the lonely fashionable accessory.  I might even lean back and put my feet up on the desk and speak with sass to nobody. 

Oh, I almost forgot.  I have no fresh flower.  But, I will keep my bottle of Caldrea near me to squirt in the air and sniff.  Lavender Pine is my suggestion. 

So, luxury-ess tip of the day is: Do what you want to do.  Live it up!  Laugh about it.  Don't be obliged all your days.  
... and Segafredo is the coffee way to go. 


All this being said... I will try and take my own advice, Day In and Day Out.

* Segafredo is at Mitchner's, downtown Edenton.
* Caldrea is at Urban Village, Edenton.  Leave enough for me. ;)

No comments: