Thursday, December 9, 2010

A personal choice- One Big Decision in One Little Life.

It's interesting- to have situations presented to me, wander across my path and consequently become my concern. It's interesting- to watch the future unfold. Some of what I see I do not like.

So, what does that mean? Where does that leave me? What do I do about it? There's a decision to make. About everything, there is a decision to be made. With each supposed problem comes a solution- not one, but many possible solutions to fetch.

The first decision to make comes from these choices: Should I choose to care or choose to ignore what causes me grief because it hurts and/or because I am but one person who makes not a dent? If I choose to care, how much do I care? Do I care but do nothing, say nothing, or do I care and stand strong in my convictions to the point of pursuing firmly the causes I am passionate about and push for changes that I think make a difference? If neither is the case and I ignore instead, could I even stand myself? If I do nothing about what I believe, what does that mean about me and my character, my life here on earth and more, my soul that extends further?

Now, after I decide, assuming the decision is to care, what do I care about? What is so clearly ingrained in me that I must stand for it?

Everything that produces an extreme response? Or do I pick my battles, choose the most important issues of which to concern myself? Do I become (or remain- depending on how I am already perceived) annoying with my relentless talk and pushy ways? Is it (my causes) worth alienating myself, somewhat, from many of the dearest people in my life in order to believe in something and have it matter in my life? Because, not everyone chooses to care.

No comments: