Thursday, November 25, 2010

2.

It is Thanksgiving Day. I am thankful for it all. No list, all of it, including the yucky along with the yummy moments. Like the painting of life, they smear together and their contrasting characteristics makes it lovely; makes it make sense. Like the spoonful of salt you splash in the bowl and stir into the sugar. One without the other is not nearly as good in the finished dish. Savoring both is the perspective to be thankful for and is what I am focusing on this year... or at least this day... as I sit and smile and let the moment saturate me. I picked that word saturate and didn't realize exactly how appropriate it actually is, as I look forward from this hour to the next when I will be looking down at my plate that is adorned with the most delicious foods. Here are the definitions of the word, so very accurate.
1. to satisfy fully
2. to load to capacity
3. to cause to combine until there is no further tendency to combine
I will be filling myself to capacity, for sure, and focusing on the combining of good and bad, and also being thoroughly satisfied as I do it!
Perfect choice of a word.

Wanda, because you wanted to know... (which I am very thankful for.)
II.
Do you wish to go to the brink and turn back and see?
What is there are the things why where you are can be.
Where is there but in between and nowhere to go?
The choice is now repeating or trusting what's below.
Do you go to the brink and have the urge to step?
What will be below except self's choice of depth or death?
Or, do you resist the urge to fall and choose not to know?
Can you trust your mind's corners that block your free thought's flow?
If crazy is as crazy does then what would you do?
Believe the walls or risk it all and wager life on you?


No comments: