Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Truth of the Moon

Round and round I rise and swirl; I twirl in the Moonlight’s spooky glow. Halo of Souls Passed Before keeps hidden the truth of the Moon. Night of darkness and emptiness, you sneak and intrigue subconscious. Hope is what darkness brings, for Sunrise is soon to gleam. It is only the rise of Sunshine’s beams that bring sighs and collective ease. But while I’m here I’ll dance with you a bit and watch the Night from where you sit, where all below appears so clear. Observing worldly rotation in boundless, eternal creation.

Motion goes, motion flows, motion takes me near. I look at the Moon's halo and say with hollow pride, “Souls, what do you hope to achieve? You can’t keep hidden a light when the source of darkness does not even exist. The only thing that lives is light.”

Souls laughed and said, “But you sweet dear have put me here and written my role to suit your own worry. We do not have a reason to keep what is yours away from you; you plant the seed of fright in the Night right by your very self. But how noble you sound with your wise insight and voice of righteous tone. When foolish thoughts flood one’s mind how could the wise ones rise? The light is the only life, yes, but we hide it not with our haunted might.”

The laughter bounced around the Moon, filled craters and swept the galaxy through and I am left floating in the darkness of uncertainty. I turn sharply with dismay and shout, “Moon, why didn’t you say? You let me think my only hope was in the break of Day.”

“Child, I whisper restful thoughts and lullabies as you sleep and you are the one who hears me not, who should be the one to weep? I am the one who keeps up hope that you will open your eyes to see it is not me you need. With all the soothing words and promises in the very air you breathe, you should not have feelings of worry or doubt, but those are the very things you keep. Your window is open to throw them out and let the Souls serve you well. For every time you are wrong or are consumed by fear, you may find the truth hovering near.”

I swallow my pride, my cheeks flushed red, and turn in the Night to sink low below, return to bed. I seek the glow up above and nod to the Souls with gracious heart. “You may go now from my Night, I need no spooky halo. I care for what you spoke to me and I thank you for your honesty. Please let me say, I like you all but the Night should be as sweet as Day. My Moon will now beam clarity and you, the Halo of Souls, smile down at me.”

I drift through sleep round and round and come up to find Morning. I open my eyes and look at the Sun and say “I had no clue, all along my Night was as bright as Day.”

No comments: