Saturday, July 30, 2011

Show, not Tell

Today I thought, since I'm limited on time, that I'd post some photos and keep the writing to a bare minimum.  That way I can show and not tell and you can come up with your own impressions of this (my) city named Zurich.  It's a real gem, a beauty, and part of me wants to keep it a secret.  I think, "Oh no, what if I'm not the only one who thinks of Zurich as ideal and everyone rushes in and the madness that has enveloped the world at large pounces on Zurich too?" Then I think, "Oh yeh, Switzerland already thought of that and they aren't taking new citizens very easily."  I think that a person seeking Swiss citizenship must live in Switzerland for 13 years before they become eligible for citizenship. (I'll fact check that later and get back to you.) That's a long time.  I guess they figure if you have lived in and contributed to Switzerland for 13 years, then you deserve her recognition.  I don't blame them for that.  In fact, I'd like to learn more about how they have collaborated and created this place I witnessed and revere.  
 Here are some pictures... enjoy Zurich!

Looking up at the elegant balconies.
In the balcony world, these are roses.

Outdoor Seating.

Nick and I walked by the water before weaving through alleys.
He has told me how much he loved Switzerland since childhood and now I see why.

I'm so happy here in this shot.

Nick and I watched the swans and the water is very clear so their cute webbed feet put on quite a different show than the smooth gliding happening on the skin of the water.
One of MANY pretty structures.

I hold strong affection for birds.
I could watch them and talk to them all day.

I did a lakeside waltz for Nico.  I think he's beyond being embarrassed when I do these things.

Passion!

Majestic.

Life happening in the alleys.



I love YOU too! What a happy city!

I wonder what lucky kid gets to sit in that window seat?

No comments: