Thursday, March 3, 2011

EntertainMe, EntertainMeN(o)t ? This is America's question.

Often I write about music.  I like to write to music so that makes sense.

Today, I'm going to choose just one and share it.  It is a song that can be heard over and over.  I know this.  I have done exactly that today (and many other days).  I have played this one more times than I can count and it is featured on the majority of my playlists... unless, of course, it's a dance mix.

Earlier (February) I spent a lot of time copying names of songs and thoughts about them to a post.  I copied a couple of different playlists that I had burned on a disc for a friend and realized that since no one could hear the song, if they weren't familiar with it, all my comments listed below it would seem abstract.

This is my attempt to make it up to you, little by little, by linking an actual song in my post.  Click and listen and watch the video if you want.  I only saw the video for the first time about 10 minutes ago.  Prior to that, I had a completely different visualization of the song.  So, don't be afraid to close your eyes.

My Nicholas loves this one too and bought it for me.  I like when he buys me music.  It is a passionate gift.

The most played song of my day:



We tried our hardest last night to stomach American Idol.  We didn't watch much of it.  I said, "Nick, let's just see what everybody is talking about."  It isn't that the two people we heard weren't talented, because they seemed to be very much so, but we just couldn't withstand the cheese factor.  It was curdled.  Cottage cheese, in fact.  There is a bit too much manufacturing going on for my taste and for Nick and I both- the crying has got to stop!  Geez people.  Every commercial showcases a sobber. Act like a professional if you want to be one.  Take it like a champ.  You're going to hear yes and you're going to hear no... part of life.  It isn't just a little crying I'm talking about.  People are crying all over the show.  And then the whole mouthing your number while you hold up four fingers as voting instructions are announced and all the while the close up is so tight the screen is filled entirely with contestant four's head.  Barfola. 

The success of the show is apparent.  I am very thankful though that Nick and my television viewing preferences are aligned.  I will cackle so hard at Modern Family that my sides hurt... other than the really captivating sitcom or drama... or let's admit it ANY Family Guy episode... we stick to documentary type shows on the History Channel or Discovery Channel.  And then we'll watch the news just to see what they are covering as opposed to what they leave out.  What they say and don't say.  What they avoid correcting when blatant lies pour out of mouths.  May sound boring, but to us it is top choice.  Oh, I shouldn't leave out House Hunters International.  I like that one too.  Especially when they hunt in Italy.

Okay peeps.  Selma Lu Mela is going nuts behind me with her ball.  I'm going to tickle her silly.  And THIS is actually my number one choice for entertainment.

No comments: